A Rainy Day at the Museum

May 17, 2013

MFA 1

MFA 2

Not too long ago, my Mom was down from Maine visiting me in Boston, it just so happened to be a rainy day. We took advantage of this and went to the MFA, the Museum of Fine Arts. One of my absolute favorite places in Boston. We spent the day winding through the different galleries. My current favorites are the "New Blue and White" (below) and the Contemporary Art Wing (above). Here are some photos I captured of the beautiful art.

MFA 3
Spin by Robert Dawson

I absolutely love blue and white plates, I want all of my plates to be blue and white when I have my own house someday. My grandmother has always had blue and white plates, so I think that's what makes it so sentimental and beautiful to me. I loved this fresh take.

MFA 4

MFA 5

This beautiful dress and shoes designed by Rodarte (shoes made by Nicholas Kirkwood)
were by far my absolute favorite pieces, fashion plus art plus blue and white? Heaven.
(Note to Self; must find blue and white inspired dress.) 

MFA 6

MFA 7

MFA 8

MFA 9

MFA 10

xoxo

18 comments

  1. Beautiful pictures and oh my that dress is gorgeous!

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos! Love that Rodarte dress!
    Xo
    SJ
    Www.fashinny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dress is amazing, wish i had worn that for prom!

    i'm following you
    Fashionate

    ReplyDelete
  4. the shoes look amazing!

    xx
    www.pretpenser.com
    www.pretpenser.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Photos are really nice and dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the dress is so gorgeous. great photos

    would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? let me know so i can follow back :)
    xx

    seams theory giveaway on my blog
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. That gown and shoes are so gorgeous.
    I love spending time in a museum
    there is so much to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the MFA and will never get tired of going. I have been there I don't know how many times and still feel like I haven't seen everything there is to see. For example, I've never see those shoes or dress! THE SHOES! I love them!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love thee, Rodarte!!! I have one piece which I wear all the time!! And, how lucky you are to be so close to the MFA in Boston!!! A fantastic rainy day thing to do!!

    (='.'=)
    Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pictures, sounds like a place I'd want to visit.

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish we had a museum like this where I'm from... I need a dose of contemporary art for sure! Those Kirkwood heels are pretty perfect and the second shot from the Contemporary Art Wing is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! lucky you to have a [good] museum in town. Here in Miami we struggle a bit when trying to find that type of culture (we have other things, though :)) .... I can see why you loved so much the "New Blue and white" .... spectacular pieces. Loved them!
    Nice to hear you had your mom in town. Mine is out of town right now but she is the kind that loves museums and we always have to wait for a trip out of town for a good one.
    Have a happy Sunday,

    ** Styleidnet INSTAGRAM **
    ** Style Id Net **
    * Bloglovin *
    .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy crap that dress is beautiful! I will have to try to find some similar fabric or something in an attempt to recreate it.
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL. If you made one. I would absolutely buy one from you.

      Delete
  15. I love Boston and this post makes me want to visit the MFA next time!

    http://christina.berrange.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.