DIY Hair Necklace

January 22, 2013

hairnecklaceme1


I love hair necklaces, as featured in this post. I had wanted one for a while. They make a boring bun, top knot, or sock bun so special! But I figured, why buy what I can make?
I used this tutorial. And changed things up a bit. Here's what to do;

Supplies;

hairnecklacesupplies

Chains of varying style, shape, and finish
Jump rings
Wire ( I did use this at first, but eventually decided it was unnecessary)
Hair Comb (I had so much trouble finding one. I finally found one at JoAnn Fabrics!)
Bobby Pin
Pliers
Wire Cutters

Step One-
Cut your chains at different lengths, a little over half an inch difference will give you the draped look. I bought some chains, but also used two from necklaces that I didn't want anymore.

HairNecklace1



OLD Step Two-
Use wire to attach the chains to the Hair Comb by wrapping it around. Since making this hair necklace, I have decided it would look nicer, and be easier to just use jump rings to attach the chains.

HairNecklace3


HairNecklace4

NEW Step Two:
If like me, you think jump rings would look better, use pliers to attach the jump rings to the hair comb

hairnecklacejumpring

hairnecklaceclose

newhairnecklace2

newhairnecklace3

Step Three-
Use the pliers to attach a jump ring to the other end of the chains.

HairNecklace 2



Step Four-
Put a bobby pin through the jump ring.

HairNecklace5


HairNecklace6

And then you are done! Now you have a unique piece that no one else will have!

hairnecklaceme2

Like this DIY and want to see more? Follow me on Bloglovin'!

xoxo

32 comments

  1. I really love this! It adds a lot to the hair without being to crazy - and also very unique!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing post! I will totally try it! Love the pictures too makes it easy to follow the steps!

    I'm following you on Bloglovin' now so I can keep up with your blog!

    Follow back?:)

    xo!

    Pirate Hart
    www.piratehart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow these pictures are amazing! lovely outfit

    i have a giveaway on my blog, hope you'll check it out!
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some mad DIY skills you have there, that's a great piece! Also, those trousers are extremely cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so clever, and you wear it so well - thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I have got to try making my own hair stuff one of these days...

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This hair necklace is exquisite and does not look DIY at all~on the contrary, very sophisticated and a quality piece!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren at adorn la femme
    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! Looks like you bought it!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great diy, the headpiece looks amazing!


    http://herpersona.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your DIY jewel! you are very talented.

    www.ladyparisienne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing! Great Work!

    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice DIY, good work darling, it looks good on you

    wanna follow on GFC and Instagram ?

    Kisses
    Hannah
    Elegantesque Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, such a clever idea
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing blog!

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!! so original!

    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWOWOW!!!! Sooooo gorgeous babe! I can't believe you DIY'd that phenominal chain hair piece! IT's just that gorgeous! And it's so rock n' roll how it wraps around the back!!!! LLLOOOOOVE it!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow it looks amazing! <3<3

    I got two giveaways at my blog and I would love you to enter
    http://lovesushiandfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great DIY project! Very fun. If you like this type of aesthetique, you should check out what the girls at LitterSF are doing with body chain jewelry ;)

    Good thoughts from Washington, D.C.,

    x Kelley of Stylesmiths
    StylesmithsDC

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look gorgeous! loving your blog!

    follow each other? :)

    www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a creative and beautiful idea
    looove
    xxxxxxxx share the feeling
    have a good thursday!
    @jimsandkittys

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post dear!
    I'm inviting you to enter the giveaway on my blog. You can win 80$ voucher.
    kisses,
    http://keepitstylishandsexy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is so beautiful!

    Willowtreespace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow great diy!! it looks so fancy on your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great DIY!!! such a good idea!!!

    www.justdreamchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Juliette! This is lovely.

    I've always thought head dresses were lovely, so to see one so elegant and modern is very refreshing.

    Well done, and thank you so much for sharing all your lovely ideas :) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. all accessories are GORGEOUS!
    xx

    www.thepowerofthecurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.