Intentions for 2020 + Self Love Selfies

December 31, 2019

Self Portraits Disco New Years Eve Party on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

2019 was the best year of my life, and I can’t wait to see what 2020 holds... 2019 held weddings in two countries and four states, two Jaelle Designs collections, dream shoots, a magical new career Spruce Apothecary, countless new friendships and wine nights and brunches, I met Liz, attended fashion week with Liz followed by a whirlwind trip upstate, the holidays in the mountains of Maine, cabin trips in the Olympics and the North Cascades, visits from my best friends, and so much growth. These are of course highlights, and 2019 held low lows, mental health challenges, and serious heartbreak and loss. But leaning into family and friends who get me and finding a therapist who gives me perspective heals it all. I am feeling CHEESY made-for-tv-movie levels of gratitude right now. 
With that said, I am looking forward to 2020...

Self Portraits Disco New Years Eve Party on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Self Portraits Disco New Years Eve Party on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Self Portraits Disco New Years Eve Party on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

I'm not really into New Years resolutions, never have been. I like setting goals and intentions all year long. I think “new years” has a weird pressure around it. But something about this January has me feeling really inspired. I was talking to my sweet friend and coworker Kimjoy, about our dreams and feelings for 2020, and she asked me if I had a word or a resolution. As we were talking, everything poured out. I was talking about how I want to refocus on my career(s), passions, and self. And then Kimjoy pointed out that that’s it, REFOCUS. This year (or like... today, or this week, or this season) I want to refocus on my passions. I find my self getting off track of my career goals and letting opportunities slip by, or losing focus on causes that I care about, or not putting myself first. So right now, I want to refocus. Prioritize my self and my dreams and my passions (photo and ethical fashion). Prioritize talking about and acting on the causes I care about (broadly; equality and the environment). And treating this space like my journal, sharing my heart and my journey. Stay tuned.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.