Christmas Tree Decorated With Dried Oranges, Popcorn, and a Cinnamon Star

December 22, 2014

Orange, Popcorn, and Cinnamon Tree on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

As my Mum and I were decorating our family tree one night, I mentioned how I couldn't wait to have my own tree. Dreaming about the ways I would decorate it, with elements from nature as well as all of the beautiful ornaments I saw at Anthropologie and West Elm. The next morning I woke up to this tree. She cut it down while walking the dogs and put it in a bucket with dirt for me. I have the sweetest, most thoughtful, and kind hearted Mum! To learn how I decorated, read on!

How to Make a Cinnamon Star on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

How to Dry Oranges on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Mini Christmas Tree on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

First, I spray painted the base gold. To make the Popcorn Garland I simply popped some popcorn and used a needle and thread. To make the Dried Orange Garland I dehydrated oranges and used a needle and thread to string them as well. (4-12 hours at 135F in the dehydrator). For the Cinnamon Star I used hot glue to secure three cinnamon sticks together and tied them to the top branch with more sewing thread.

How To String Popcorn and Oranges on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Wood Stove and Christmas Tree on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Dried Orange Garland on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Popcorn and Oranges on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Golden Tree Stand on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Christmas Tree with All Natural Ingredients on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Christmas Tree on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Dried Oranges on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Cinnamon, Orange, and Popcorn Tree on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

I love the unpredictable shapes of the popcorn, and the way the light shines through the oranges. This tree smells truly wonderful!

3 comments

  1. too gorgeous! I love the oranges <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just too cute!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a yummy Christmas tree ;) hihi! Merry Christmas!!

    xxx Linsey from POSE-BLOG.com

    You can also check my BLOGLOVIN & FACEBOOK if you like! :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.