Friday, July 26, 2013

DIY; Healthy Brunch, Two Ways

This summer I've been posting SO many DIY's and recipes. I've been cooking and baking (as well as creating!) everyday. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that come September I will be back to a diet of dining hall food & fro-yo. I mean realistically, my school was voted to have some of the best food in Boston, and the surrounding area has SO many amazing restaurants and cafes, so I will certainly be eating well & deliciously, however I am definitely going to miss making my own meals. That being said, one of my favorite meals to make is brunch. I normally have an early morning green smoothie, and around lunch time, a few days of the week I make myself a delicious breakfast style lunch. I used to hate eggs, but recently rediscovered my love for the protein & nutrient packed food and haven't looked back since. Here is healthy brunch, two ways;

breakfast collage

If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen the above photo. A little glimpse to my average brunch. I like my organic farm fresh eggs (from my neighbor!) cooked thoroughly, no runny yokes for this girl. I also sliced up an avocado for some healthy & essential fats. And added some potato. I have a serious love for hash browns, or shredded potatoes, but not that frozen stuff. I shred a potato (locally grown and organic) toss it in a little olive oil, homemade Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and throw it in a waffle maker until golden brown. Sometimes I add a slice of multi-grain toast, garden fresh tomatoes, mushrooms or turkey sausage onto the plate as well. A healthy & well balanced plate. 

The second thing I love doing is making a breakfast in a ramekin. I think they are so cute, and fun for a breakfast party, or family gathering. 

healthy brunch 1

Ingredients;
Mashed Potatoes (I used leftovers from dinner the night before)
Organic Farm Fresh Egg
Freshly Grated Organic Parmesan Cheese
Homemade Italian Seasoning (although you can use store bought)

healthy brunch 2

healthy brunch 3

healthy brunch 4

healthy brunch 5

Steps;
-Preheat oven to 350 F.
-Grease your ramekin(s) with olive oil.
-Line with a thick layer of  mashed potato (I added some homemade Italian seasoning in)
-Crack your egg into the potato lined ramekin. 
-Cover with a layer of Parmesan cheese & Italian seasoning.
-It would also be fun to add fresh tomatoes, spinach, basil, or some sort of breakfast meat (if you eat meat)!
-Bake for 20-40 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. (For me it was 40).
-Check progress every so often with a toothpick if you are unsure!
-Enjoy your individualized, delicious, & healthy breakfast!

healthy brunch 6

What's your favorite brunch?

For more healthy recipes, Follow Infinite Style on Bloglovin'!

xo, Stay Infinite

20 comments:

  1. omgosh this looks so delicious and easy to make. thanks for sharing! xx
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh these look so good! The idea of shredding a potato and putting it in a waffle maker is GENIUS! I will absolutely be trying that out soon

    Josie
    FineandFeathered.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmm be delicious!!!

    kisses

    http://beharrean.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious!!

    http://www.lilyzab.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of the last recipe and it looks so yummy! And easy! Thanks for sharing your lovely recipes.

    Much love, http://www.myomlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you haven't heard of it! I made it up! Haha, but thank you do much!
      xo

      Delete
  6. I like pancakes for breakfast brunch lunch and dinner! great recipe i must try.

    xo
    Emily Jenny
    Stiletto Beats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 2nd idea, It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make a similar breakfast but with polenta instead of potatoes- it is delicious:) I bet the hubs would like your version better though:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummmm

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy!! All organic, so good for you! 99% of my diet is organic. It's like a lifestyle, can't live without it. Love the little mash&egg ramekin, SO trying that this weekend!

    XOXO from the Netherlands,
    Lucia

    ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Lucia Flores Diary ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. will def have to try this one out! looks delicious! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this, it looks delicious! I'll have to give it a go mmmm :)
    www.thelifeofmaisie.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! Follow you now ;) This recepe seems to be soo delicious <3

    http://the-fashion-fairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love your recipes. follow you now! plz check out my blog if you like!

    www.roxysun.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hashbrowns in the waffle iron -- genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE brunch, and I cannot believe I have never experienced this ramekin deliciousness. Definitely missing out. Ok, gonna go out and get myself a ramekin now and make this for lunch. Thanks!!

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks delicious! Where did you get those cute green ramekins?

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete