DIY; Healthy Brunch, Two Ways

July 26, 2013

This summer I've been posting SO many DIY's and recipes. I've been cooking and baking (as well as creating!) everyday. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that come September I will be back to a diet of dining hall food & fro-yo. I mean realistically, my school was voted to have some of the best food in Boston, and the surrounding area has SO many amazing restaurants and cafes, so I will certainly be eating well & deliciously, however I am definitely going to miss making my own meals. That being said, one of my favorite meals to make is brunch. I normally have an early morning green smoothie, and around lunch time, a few days of the week I make myself a delicious breakfast style lunch. I used to hate eggs, but recently rediscovered my love for the protein & nutrient packed food and haven't looked back since. Here is healthy brunch, two ways;

breakfast collage

If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen the above photo. A little glimpse to my average brunch. I like my organic farm fresh eggs (from my neighbor!) cooked thoroughly, no runny yokes for this girl. I also sliced up an avocado for some healthy & essential fats. And added some potato. I have a serious love for hash browns, or shredded potatoes, but not that frozen stuff. I shred a potato (locally grown and organic) toss it in a little olive oil, homemade Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and throw it in a waffle maker until golden brown. Sometimes I add a slice of multi-grain toast, garden fresh tomatoes, mushrooms or turkey sausage onto the plate as well. A healthy & well balanced plate. 

The second thing I love doing is making a breakfast in a ramekin. I think they are so cute, and fun for a breakfast party, or family gathering. 

healthy brunch 1

Ingredients;
Mashed Potatoes (I used leftovers from dinner the night before)
Organic Farm Fresh Egg
Freshly Grated Organic Parmesan Cheese
Homemade Italian Seasoning (although you can use store bought)

healthy brunch 2

healthy brunch 3

healthy brunch 4

healthy brunch 5

Steps;
-Preheat oven to 350 F.
-Grease your ramekin(s) with olive oil.
-Line with a thick layer of  mashed potato (I added some homemade Italian seasoning in)
-Crack your egg into the potato lined ramekin. 
-Cover with a layer of Parmesan cheese & Italian seasoning.
-It would also be fun to add fresh tomatoes, spinach, basil, or some sort of breakfast meat (if you eat meat)!
-Bake for 20-40 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. (For me it was 40).
-Check progress every so often with a toothpick if you are unsure!
-Enjoy your individualized, delicious, & healthy breakfast!

healthy brunch 6

What's your favorite brunch?

For more healthy recipes, Follow Infinite Style on Bloglovin'!

xo, Stay Infinite

19 comments

  1. omgosh this looks so delicious and easy to make. thanks for sharing! xx
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh these look so good! The idea of shredding a potato and putting it in a waffle maker is GENIUS! I will absolutely be trying that out soon

    Josie
    FineandFeathered.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmm be delicious!!!

    kisses

    http://beharrean.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious!!

    http://www.lilyzab.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of the last recipe and it looks so yummy! And easy! Thanks for sharing your lovely recipes.

    Much love, http://www.myomlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you haven't heard of it! I made it up! Haha, but thank you do much!
      xo

      Delete
  6. I like pancakes for breakfast brunch lunch and dinner! great recipe i must try.

    xo
    Emily Jenny
    Stiletto Beats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 2nd idea, It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make a similar breakfast but with polenta instead of potatoes- it is delicious:) I bet the hubs would like your version better though:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummmm

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy!! All organic, so good for you! 99% of my diet is organic. It's like a lifestyle, can't live without it. Love the little mash&egg ramekin, SO trying that this weekend!

    XOXO from the Netherlands,
    Lucia

    ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Lucia Flores Diary ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. will def have to try this one out! looks delicious! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this, it looks delicious! I'll have to give it a go mmmm :)
    www.thelifeofmaisie.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! Follow you now ;) This recepe seems to be soo delicious <3

    http://the-fashion-fairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love your recipes. follow you now! plz check out my blog if you like!

    www.roxysun.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hashbrowns in the waffle iron -- genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE brunch, and I cannot believe I have never experienced this ramekin deliciousness. Definitely missing out. Ok, gonna go out and get myself a ramekin now and make this for lunch. Thanks!!

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks delicious! Where did you get those cute green ramekins?

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.