DIY; Healthy Blender Ice Cream

July 18, 2013

healthy ice cream 1

Oh yes, you read that title right. Healthy Ice Cream made in your blender (or food processor)! Did I mention it's easy to make, gluten free, and vegan? Because it certainly is. And did I mention there are three different equally yummy varieties that I've come up with? Because there definitely are. Oh and yes, since I notoriously LOVE mason jars, I'm serving this frosty treat up in one!
Chocolate Almond Milk Ice Cream, you are my new best friend.

healthy ice cream 2

I am not a huge sweets person, I never get dessert in the dining hall at school (although I have friends that do every night.. and they're still as skinny as my pinky), and we never have junk food or desserts lying around at home. I do love making cakes from scratch for special occasions, but my biggest weakness; Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt. I just can't say no. However if I'm craving vanilla and something fruity, non fat vanilla yogurt with fruit satisfies that craving real fast. But chocolate is a whole other story. If I'm craving chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt, it is unstoppable. Well.. that was until recently. I made this recipe on a complete whim and it came out so wonderfully.
So wonderful, I thought I'd share so you could make it as well;

healthy ice cream 3

Ingredients & Supplies;
Chocolate Almond Milk
Peanut Butter or Nutella or Banana
Blender or Food Processor
Ice Cube Tray

Recipe;
-Take Your ice cube tray and fill it up with the Chocolate Almond Milk.
-Put tray in freezer until frozen thoroughly.
(One tray of Chocolate Almond Milk Cubes = one mason jar full (standard, 1 pint size))
-Once frozen put the cubes in your blender or food processor.
(I used a food processor because my blender is not so great.)
- Blend until completely chunk free. It should have a sort of icy frothy consistency.
-Add your frozen (and chopped) banana, or a large spoonful of either Peanut Butter or Nutella.
-And blend blend blend until smooth and creamy.
-Spoon the mixture into a jar and pop in the freezer for a half hour to an hour so it solidifies a bit.
-Take it out and enjoy your guilt free dessert!

healthy ice cream 4

Be sure to follow on Bloglovin' as to not miss any more recipes!

xo, Stay Infinite 

28 comments

  1. Another one for lime "ice cream" is
    2 avocadoes
    1/4 c plain almond or coconut milk
    3/4 c lime juice
    dash vanilla
    pinch of salt
    1/2 c coconut oil
    Blend it all together and freeze in ice cube trays or in an ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! SO perfect. Definitely trying this. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Oh! So yummy! I'm going to try it as soon as possible -.o

    xoxo
    http://follementefashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea!! I am always bummed out when I see ice cream recipes..since I only have a blender!! And the fact that you put it in a mason jar.....LOVE!! So Pinterest-esque!

    I am a big fan of the chocolate/nutella/banana combination, so I know I will love making this! I'm so excited to try and make ice cream with a blender!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow that looks delicious!! and it looks so much healthier than if you buy it in stores, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all about the sweets in our house.. which was one of the reasons last year I started making my own ice cream. Though not in a blender (need to try this) but sans ice cream maker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok seriously, this post made my day! One more reason I need that Vitamix. I want to make this ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried this DIY before bit would love to try it now, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of it! Definitely gonna try it out

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really good! Especially in that jar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh.my.word. this sounds delicious and so doable, even in a dorm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this...I'm trying this one out.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems so delicious :)

    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmm, chocolate & almond milk! sounds incredible. :) I'm going to need to get a new blender.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yummm! this looks amazing!
    -Deana, from Birds&Oxfords

    StickyGram Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks good! I'll have to try it!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great recipe, would you like to follow eachother?
    Xx
    Daniella
    Simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE using almond milk to make a milkshake! It is so much creamier than regular milk in my opinion (well unless you use whole milk.) I was actually planning to post a similar recipe for a healthy(er) milkshake with almond milk! Great minds think alike. :) I definitely want to try out your recipe though!

    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! If you wind up posting your recipe definitely send me your link because I will sooo try it out!

      Delete
  18. I love things that are yummy and healthy! This looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH my goodness, this sounds delicious! And so healthy?! Wow!

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks amazing! Im going to have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg thanks for the recipe!! this looks amazing and a perfect healthy substitute for ice cream... I am trying this!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.