DIY; Double Waterfall Twist Braid

July 22, 2013

diy waterfall braid 1

After my Daydreamer post I received a thousand (well not quite) requests on a tutorial for the braid.  It is actually really rather simple. And it is much easier to do than a classic waterfall braid as it is a twist waterfall braid. Yet it still looks just as wonderful. I have only done one hair tutorial before, and I don't claim to be an expert on the subject of hair, but here are the simple steps in my Double Waterfall Twist Braid Tutorial so you can try this as well;

diy waterfall braid 2

-Begin with three sections of hair long enough to go as far as you want the braid to go.
-Do the first step of a normal braid but drop the top piece down through. You will now have two sections.
-Twist the two remaining sections up (so the bottom of the two goes up and the top piece goes down)
-Take another section of hair and drop through. Twist upward again.
-Continue taking new pieces, dropping them through, and twisting up.
(Having trouble? Check this out.)

You can always stop at one, I often do, or you can continue on and make a second waterfall twist braid.

diy waterfall braid 3

-Take two sections of hair from the front below your first braid.
-Take the first section of hair you dropped through the first braid, and drop it through the second braid.
-Twist your two sections up like you did for the first braid.
-Continue dropping the sections from the first braid through, and twisting.
-When you reach the end remove the bobby pin from the first braid and pin the braid together.
-Creating an X with the pins secures the braids best.

And then you are done! I have even done three waterfall braid before, repeating the process, just using much smaller sections. Hope you liked it!

diy waterfall braid 4

xo, Stay Infinite

36 comments

  1. I'm always so envious of girls who can do the waterfall braid! it seems so easy but for some reason I just cant master it! :) it looks absolutely darling on you, your hair is so pretty!!

    XO
    Lauren

    The Perfect Pear Designs
    • Designing Pretty Blogs Since 2012 •

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hairstyle! Your blog is very interesting!

    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the hardest time conquering a waterfall braid and still haven't mastered it. looks pretty on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is beautiful and the plait is gorgeous!!! You do a really great job, I could never get it right!

    http://justaddcakeuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hairstyle


    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    twitter & instagram : @fashionrlounge
    Fashion room lounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous ! I will definitely try this out. :) However, I have dark brown/blackish hair so it doesn't stand out the way it does in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous!! Haha this picture belongs on Pinterest!
    I had a hard time doing the regular waterfall...but the double waterfall is so pretty! I'm going to have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such lovely hair!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, you have gorgeous hair! Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great I blogged a shoot I had recently with this particular braid and more :) You should check it out.

    xx,

    http://modeamen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just view your blog and I love your posts, especially the D.I.Y. project :)
    Adore your hair too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial! It looks wonderful! You've got amazing hair too!
    www.thelifeofmaisie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great diy! Adore simplistic braided hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i don't know what is more beautiful - the braid itself or that top picture. you're like a hair genie. wish i had you in the apartment to help me with my unruly mess!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! I will try if I can do it:) Would you like to follow each other?
    http://tugbates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. everytime i try this i cant do it. but you make it seem so easy! thanks for sharing :)
    xo Anastasia

    Natbee'sFashion

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am smitten by your fabulous hair!!! I will have to try this braid, but I'm so clumsy when it comes to hair!!! Gorgeous as always, babe!!

    (='.'=)
    Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  18. So great!!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely need to learn how to do this! I only know how to do the normal braid and a mermaid braid and that's all I got :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this look! Definitly will try this out! Love you and your blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet romantic do! You make it look super easy to do, I need to practice with my sister, you have lovely hair!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your hair looks beautiful. Love this look! -Hanna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely love this!! Such a great twist.
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Magnifique coiffure !
    http://lilyzab.wix.com/lilyzab

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this look!

    Btw, I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Win LOTS OF AWESOME ACCESSORIES FROM MISS LITRATISTA ! Giveaway ends on August 31!

    Chamee of PIXELS AND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh man!! this is gorgeous... but for the life of me, i can't follow any kind of tutorial (even though it's so simple and laid out already as you did here). hahahaha! maybe, i'll ask a friend to learn how to do this and try it on my hair! hahaha!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely hair tutorial you look so cute (: xx do you mind if we follow each other ? Do let me know on my blog (: xx

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE this, I'm definitely going to give this a try. I might even wear it when Im in my military uniform with my hair up in a bun!

    ~Maria | They Call The Wind

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so glad I found your blog! Such an effortless and pretty hairstyle. You look great with it too! :)

    A Splash Of Tan

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like it very much
    xoxo
    Anna
    --
    itismagicday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.