Clean Living; DIY Body Scrub

July 12, 2013

I think we can all agree a good body scrub is sometimes much needed. Whether you are heading away to a tropical vacation, going to a formal event, prepping skin for self tanner, or just trying to keep dry skin under control, this scrub is perfect for you! The chemicals in store bought scrubs are very harsh on your skin and definitely do more harm then good. This scrub is full of ingredients that hydrate skin and slough away the dead cells, leaving you with radiant healthy skin. I found this scrub via The Beauty Department.

diy body scrub

Supplies;
-Coconut Oil (unrefined and organic)
-Jojoba Oil (organic) (use Almond Oil if you are unable to find Jojoba)
-Organic Raw Cane Sugar
-Rose Petals (organic and not treated with pesticides)
-Jar with Lid

Steps;
-Fill the jar about 1/3 of the way with Coconut Oil.
-Fill it another third of the way with Rose Petals. I did less than a third as I was using the last of wild roses from my field.
-Fill the last third with the Organic Raw Cane Sugar.
-Pour in the Jojoba Oil until the sugar is saturated and the oil begins to seep to the petals.
-When ready to use take a spoon and mix up.
-Use as you would any other body scrub! Hope you love it!

Let's talk ingredients;
Coconut Oil- This is a miracle oil. Make sure you buy organic and unrefined. You can find Coconut Oil at health food stores, Trader Joes, even Hannaford! It will be with other cooking Oils. I use Coconut Oil, not only in this scrub and in my DIY; Face Wash, but as a moisturizer. Everyday, as soon as you get out of the shower lather it on as you would any other lotion to your legs and arms. My skin has never been so soft! Goodbye dry elbows and knees. Also, if you suffer from KP (keratosis pilaris or those red bumps on your arms.. I feel ya), use this scrub followed by moisturizing with Coconut Oil, and it will clear up the KP. Seriously. Coconut Oil is the best thing to happen to me skincare wise. I strongly suggest everyone go buy a jar of it themselves. Seriously.

Jojoba Oil- This oil I had a harder time finding. You can order it online, but I am always wary of doing that. It can be found at health stores, vitamin stores, and I found mine at Trader Joes. This oil is so perfect because it is the oil closest to the oils that our body creates naturally. If you have naturally oily skin, I strongly suggest buying this! I know, it sounds like the opposite of what you would want to do. But oily skin happens because your skin is not getting enough moisture, so it is over compensating and producing more. Jojoba Oil will give your body the moisture it needs! If you can't find it, for this scrub, you can substitute with Almond Oil.

Organic Raw Cane Sugar- This is a very coarse sugar making it ideal for a srub. It's also the sugar I use for my lemonade. This sugar is super simple to find as you can purchase it at pretty much any grocery store. If you seriously can't find it, you can substitute Brown Sugar, but the cane sugar really does make a big difference.

Rose Petals; This ingredient is pretty optional, I used a few petals left on wild rose bushes I had growing in my field on the edge of the woods. If you are going with store bought (which I'm totally doing next time, but why not use wild roses if you have em?) make sure they are organic and grown without pestisides and not treated with chemicals. It's better to not use them, than use chemical ridden ones. Chemicals + Skin does not = anything good.

Follow via Bloglovin' for more Clean Living DIY's!

xo, Stay Infinite

18 comments

  1. I love your blog, it's very beautiful and interesting! Thank you))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply must try this! I love body scrub! And homemade body scrub us even more tempting because I know exactly what is in it. Happy Friday! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive seen a few of these DIY's lately for scrub. I should really try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! My boyfriend's mother recently made a scrub for me with coconut oil and brown sugar. I absolutely love it!

    What are the rose petals for? Do they do anything good to your skin? or are they just decoration?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi love!
      Roses are a natural toner! And they smell soooo good in the scrub.

      Delete
  5. thank you for this!


    www.violarossii.com >> free gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blog!! I love all your posts! I want try this scrub, but I'm allergic to coconuts. Any idea on what to substitute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby! Thank you so much! Cocoa, shea, or mango butters are all solids similar to coconut oil, so I am sure they would work!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! Definitely gonna try!
      -Libby
      http://thesurreal-deal.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  7. Great DIY body scrub. I am going to tweet this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you're packaging and the idea of making your own body scrub. Gonna have to try it!


    S&R
    http://www.CattailDown.com
    http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/TheRucksackRefinery

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it and beautiful photo
    Bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an idea, I'm already in love with your blog, it's so unique. I'm your new follower. I'd be honoured if you'd check out my blog as you've such refined taste. x

    www.thereddutchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's super great!!! :-)
    But I'm not good to produce this kind of things :-)
    Great jop sweetie :-)
    And I love the pictures!

    Have a lovely sunday

    xoxo

    Piera Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fantastic idea, I'm a huge fan of organic products. Love, love, love this post. Can't wait to try it!

    xx,

    http://modeamen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great! I will try it too.
    xoxo
    http://walkwithad.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.