Boston Brownstones and Magnolias

August 8, 2018

Spring Style in the Boston Magnolias and Brownstones on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

(outfit details; dress, For Love and Lemons. shoes, Dolce Vita. hair pin, Machete. necklace, Gorjana.)

Spring Style in the Boston Magnolias and Brownstones on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Spring Style in the Boston Magnolias and Brownstones on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Spring Style in the Boston Magnolias and Brownstones on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Flowers and Delicate Rings on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Parisian Style on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Spring Style in the Boston Magnolias and Brownstones on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Machete Hair Clip on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Spring Style in the Boston Magnolias and Brownstones on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Faux Chloe Bag on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Spring Style in the Boston Magnolias and Brownstones on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Parisian Spring Style

Boston Brownstones and Magnolias

Photos from one of my last shoots in Boston this spring. Before I spent May traveling, and June and July in Maine. Before my move west! On my favorite street, Comm Ave in Back Bay. Classic Boston brownstones lined with Magnolia trees in full bloom. 

It's weird. When I am leaving something, I grow a resentment towards it. Cities, university, jobs, lovers, and so on. I really grew a resentment to Boston the last few months there. But the final week or so spent in the city, I was seeing its old charm on every corner. It's weird.

Damn, WHERE has this summer gone? Do you think things happen for a reason? I sometimes hate that phrase. It feels dismissive and euphemistic. But I do believe in serendipity.

At first I was so frustrated to be going home to the mountains of Maine for the summer, my heart was aching for the city. I was going to miss my friends, and miss the places that I called home for six years. Then I got SO excited about being in nature. And was planning hikes, trail runs, and so on. And then I went camping ONCE and broke my foot. And I was SO frustrated. But around that time my little brother (also between leases) moved home for a few weeks, and I got to spend more time with him than I ever had since I was 18. And my grandpa got cancer, and I have spent time with him that I treasure like no other. I’ve been able to cook for my parents, introducing them to avocado oil and miso. I’ve been swapping bottles of rosé and mystery books with my mum (and especially) my Nini (who I am pretty sure I am a personality clone of). I’ve watched shooting stars and fireflies from my bedroom window (a step up from dead goats and a bus stop from my window in Allston). I've been elbow deep in dirt helping my mum in the garden. I’ve read more books in the past two months than in the past two years combined. I’ve eaten 90 percent of my meals outdoors. I’ve spent so much incredible time with my parents and my grandparents.

So yes- it was a bummer that I had to put my life on hold for two months, and a bigger bummer that I broke my foot, but damn. It taught me to slow the heck down and it gave me time with family. Which I wouldn’t trade for anything.

And here I am, surrounded by four suitcases about to head to the airport with a one way ticket. I am feeling so nervous to "start over" somewhere new, on the West Coast. But I know those nerves are good. It's good to make yourself un comfortable. That is where growth comes from. Stagnancy does absolutely nothing for personal growth and self improvement. 

And how beautiful is it, that I have someplace and people to miss?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.