Thursday, May 23, 2013

DIY; Floral Nail Art

floralnailartdiy1

If you follow me on Instagram you have seen the photo above, and if you saw this post you will have seen these nails as well. Today I am going to show you a DIY tutorial on how to do Floral Nail Art. Sometimes these are called Vintage flowers, sometimes Victorian, sometimes Antique. They are perfect for spring and summer. So here is the How To, step by step guide on Floral Nails!

floralnailartdiy2

Supplies;
Light Blue Nail Polish (I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue-Away)
White Nail Polish (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On)
Light Pink Nail Polish (I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Presto Pink
mixed with the white but I would suggest just finding a lighter pink)
Dark Pink Nail Polish (I used an old covergirl boundless color that has long since been dicontinued)
Green Nail Polish (I used Nicole by O.P.I. in Green Up Your Act!)
Base Coat
Top Coat
Paper Plate
Toothpicks

floralnailartdiy3

-A paper plate works best for making tiny pools of color to then paint on with toothpicks. 

floralnailartdiy4

-Paint your nails with your clear Base Coat (always always do this!)

floralnailartdiy5

-Paint your nails with the light blue polish. Thin layers will prevent bubbles and clumps!

floralnailartdiy6

-Using the white polish and a toothpick, paint on a few designs. I did vertical stripes on my middle finger and polka dots on my pinky finger.

floralnailartdiy7

-Using the light pink polish paint on flowers. They really just need to look like little lumps. They can absolutely be imperfect. I did 5 on my thumb and ring finger, one on my middle, and one or two on either my pinky or pointer fingers.

floralnailartdiy8

-With the dark pink nail polish, use a toothpick and paint a few squiggly lines on each flower. I do two or three. There is no real system to use, just paint whatever you think looks best.

floralnailartdiy9

floralnailartdiy10

-Using the green nail polish and a toothpick, paint leaves on. I did one or two leaves per flower, whatever fit and looks the nicest will do.

floralnailartdiy11

floralnailartdiy12

-Now clean up around the edges with a cotton tip and some nail polish remover, and you are done!

floralnailartdiy13

floralnailartdiy14

-Yes, I realize the left hand is so much better than the right, but I'm working on it!

floralnailartdiy15

floralnailartdiy16

Be sure to follow on Bloglovin' to not miss out on any DIY's or Nail Art Tutorials!

xoxo

22 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely awesome! I might give it a go, if I can find the patience and a steady enough hand.
    Holly x

    Ginger-jabber.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the roses look almost like 3D!'

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love those. I would never be abl to do it like this. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is incredible! Wish I could do this but I'm so bad at nails painting!

    http://www.carlysscloset.blogspot.com/

    Carly's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so cute! I had seen them when you uploaded the picture on Instagram haha! If you go to my room you'll see papers with nailpolish dots like those everywhere! I feel bad throwing them away when I can reuse them but apparently I never end up throwing them away...

    Oh, how many posts have I missed?! I just scrolled down and saw like 3 new posts!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty! :) Love the color palette you've chosen for these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh the nail art is adorable, and so cool you did the entire thing yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, how perfect! Great job, Juliette; they look amazing!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute!! I'm tempted to give it a try!

    Brooke du jour
    www.brookedujour.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely!

    http://thevogueword.com/
    http://thevogueword.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving everything that's going on here. Following you now!

    Macie,
    Amen Fashion †

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks beautiful! And like it took forever to do, but the results are perfect. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just simply amazing:)
    KISSES FROM POLAND (EUROPE) :)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so pretty!Have a great day,love!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely nails, they look beautiful and again .... admire how crafty you are.
    Hope you are having a happy memorial weekend :)
    XX


    ** Styleidnet INSTAGRAM **
    ** Style Id Net **
    * Bloglovin *
    .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous nails! I always wondered how this was done. You make it look so easy :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very creative :D cute nails

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete